|  HOME   |   PROLOGUE   |   FIRST WORD   |   SECOND WORD   |   THIRD WORD   |
|   FOURTH WORD   |   FIFTH WORD   |   SIXTH WORD   |   SEVENTH WORD   |   EPILOGUE   |

Fourth Word

        "My God, my God, why did you abandon me?"

                                                by Richard G. Reynoso


I don't have any instance in my life where I felt God abandoned me. But my Dad did, oddly his name was Jesus. My father was born on December 25, thus the reason for his name. I used to have many happy memories with my father, then one day, slowly our lives changed when he had a fight with my grandfather (Mom’s father). We have moved to another house since then. Our family had financial difficulties. My Mom and Dad got separated and my Dad had a second family. I can still remember how surprised I was when I saw my father with his mistress. He told Mama, "Why did you bring him (me) here? I don't love you anymore!" Hearing Daddy saying he doesn't love Mama anymore put all hopes of reconciliation to an end. They are not getting back together anymore. I was very young then. I still don't understand many things. For many years, I didn't have a father that guided me. I did not have a normal relationship with Daddy. Until one day, when I was already working and had a stable job, Mom wanted to get back with my Dad again. Apparently his mistress left him probably because he became sick with diabetes and already broke. I got angry. My life turned upside down when he left us. I already got used to my father not being around. He is not welcome in my life anymore. Mom and Dad still got back together but I treat my father indifferently. But years went by and my father's diabetes complications got worse. Daddy passed away on July 14, 2011. Thankfully, we had the chance to ask for forgiveness a few minutes before he held his last breath. Sometimes it crosses my mind, what kind of life would I have if I had a good relationship with my father? I believe God is bringing and removing important people in our lives to make us stronger. We need to experience the saddest parts of our lives for us to appreciate true happiness.




Prayer
Lord God, thank You for not abandoning us, especially in our times of need. I pray for all families to have a loving father and child relationship. May they experience the true meaning of happiness. Amen.


Richard G. Reynoso is currently working in a BPO company.  He is an active servant of the Feast Sta. Lucia, a Catholic Charismatic community of the Light of Jesus family. 
                                                       



|  HOME   |   PROLOGUE   |   FIRST WORD   |   SECOND WORD   |   THIRD WORD   |
|   FOURTH WORD   |   FIFTH WORD   |   SIXTH WORD   |   SEVENTH WORD   |   EPILOGUE   |